Welcome to Headway East Kent
Headway promotes a wider understanding of all aspects of brain injuries and provides information, support and services to people with a brain injury, their families and carers.
Our Mission is:
To promote understanding of all aspects of brain injury and to provide information, support and services to people with a brain injury, their families and carers. In addition, Headway will campaign to reduce the incidence of brain injury.
Our Objectives are:
- To increase awareness of brain injury and its consequences
- To initiate activities and campaigns which will reduce the incidence of brain injury
- To provide information and support for people with brain injuries, their relatives and carers and concerned professional people
- To promote improved approaches to brain injury screening, acute care, assessment, rehabilitation and community re-entry
- To assist people with brain injuries to return to community living, including access to appropriate accommodation, social outlets, and productive activity
- To support and help to establish Headway groups throughout the UK in furtherance of the charity’s mission statement and encourage them to address the needs of all sections of the community